We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

maximising web pages

Kingfisher

Likes # 0

good evening all. can you advise me please. for some reason when i open a desktop icon or quick launch item that points to a web page it now does not open in full screen, i have to maximise it, tried stretching it to full screen and closing it but still comes up not maximised. however if i open internet explorer and minimise it and then open any url's they come up full screen, but resort to non maximise if i close IE and then try to reopen link. any ideas would be appreciated O/s is windows XP with IE 8 thankyou

Like this post
Dragon_Heart

Likes # 0

Long time since I used XP but ...

Open an IE window to the smaller size

Drag the corners of the window until it completely fills the screen. Do not use the maximize button to enlarge the window

Hold down the Ctrl key, and while holding it down use the mouse to click File and then Exit on the toolbar. DO NOT use the "X" in the upper right corner to close the window

IE should now open in a full window

If not repeat the above but this time us the Shift key instead of the Ctrl key

Like this post
Kingfisher

Likes # 0

Hi Dragon_Heart it worked first time, thank you very much much appreiated

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

iPhone buying advice: Should I buy an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, or iPhone 5c, or wait for7......