We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Email address the same

hmmmm(the original)

Likes # 0

Quick question.

Had an email in work yesterday to my work email address. The email is for me, but in the "To" address it is addressed to the person who sent it. So in effect it appear to have been sent to and from the same person but delivered to my mail box. I had a looking the tracking options but it didn't make much sense to me. It is their own personal emaill address for their IT business. Wondering if this is just the way it had been sent.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

I do that a lot - or copy an email to myself - just to remind me to do something. I don't think it's uncommon.

Like this post
Jollyjohn

Likes # 0

It is possible the person sent it to himself, deliberately, and added a few other people as BCC - Blind Carbon Copy - that way you can't see who else it has been sent to or their e-mail addresses.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

It'll be as Jollyjohn said - BCC

Like this post
hmmmm(the original)

Likes # 0

Ah ok fair enough then. A simple explanation.

Cheers

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers