We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Watching Sport on the PC

ponytail

Likes # 0

Not sure if it is correct but was talking to a workmate and he was going to watch the Rugby on his PC using a program I think was called first sport but have never heard of it he says he watches all kinds of sport but I have my doubts.Have any of you heard of this and if so what is the website.

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

Your workmate may be referring to First Row Sport. It appears to require the download of an app. I have not tried it, so have no idea how well it may work, or if any fees may be charged.

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi Mr Mistoffolees I clicked on the link you suggested and it did want me to download a app but when I tried to do so it was blocked by Bullguard which I use as being a malicious site

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi Mr Mistoffolees I clicked on the link you suggested and it did want me to download a app but when I tried to do so it was blocked by Bullguard which I use as being a malicious site

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

There are any number of sports streaming sites out there, most of which require you to download an app. Many of them charge, and some are borderline illegal. Quality can be very variable and, often, promised transmissions don't happen. That said, I know a lot of people use these sites to see games that aren't being broadcast on UK TV, or are being broadcast by a subscription service such as Sky.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

If my memory serves me correctly there was a thread about the First sports app and problems that it created. I'm trying to find the thread.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Found it. The app adds extensions to the browser.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I often watch TV on a PC with Windows Media Centre (now have W7 ultimate (works with home premium too) but it worked in XP if you had the WMC version). You need a tuner (about £30) and, ideally, a house aerial connection, but it works with a tiny aerial in strong signal areas.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

PS Freeview only.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I don't 'watch' any sports action on my PCs, but I do like to 'listen' [in the comfort of my home] into the live horse-racing commentaries available on a big bookies' website, when I do occasionally have a flutter.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this...

IDG UK Sites

Tech trends 2015: 3D printing grows up

IDG UK Sites

10 mind-blowing Oculus Rift experiments that reveal VR's practical potential

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & other Black Friday tech offers