We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Buying my first Gaming PC

evapor

Likes # 0

After seeing the new generation of consoles ive decided to switch to PC gaming. I have looked around and came up with this list.

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($204.99 @ Newegg) CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ Amazon) Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($127.99 @ Amazon) Memory: Mushkin Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($35.57 @ NCIX US) Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($64.99 @ NCIX US) Storage: Intel 330 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($94.99 @ NCIX US) Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card ($369.99 @ Amazon) Case: BitFenix Merc Alpha (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ NCIX US) Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg) Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224BB DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ Newegg)

Would this PC be powerful enough to run Crysis 3 at Max settings with 30+fps?

Like this post
nickf

Likes # 0

Should cope with that frame rate on Crysis 3 . I play in 3d with an i7 and a gtx 680 and get 60fps . Great game too . Only thing i would add to your build is a sound card and a decent set of headphones .

Like this post
TraineeAngel

Likes # 0

I can run Crysis 3 on the following specs: 650W Alpine PSU, Core2Duo Pentium D, 4Gb memory, Asrock G41M series mobo, HD5770 card (optional). Your specs are fine :-)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014