We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to connect Samsung Windows 7 laptop to wired internet connection

bionicle

Likes # 0

My Samsung Widows 7 laptop has an ethernet cable attached and so I assumed that it would just use this in preference to the wireless connection which is what I want however it is using the wireless rather than the ethernet. How do I configure the settings so that it will use the ethernet wired connection in preference although revert to using wireless when moving the laptop?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

there is usua;y a switch or a key combination to toggle the wireless card on or off consult your manual or tells us the exact model No.

Like this post
Algerian peter

Likes # 0

Or follow this guide and do the opposite.

click here

turn off the wireless and select the Ethernet.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Or disconnect the ethernet cable from the laptop if it is a wireless modem that you are using.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Ignore last got it the wrong way round.

Like this post
bionicle

Likes # 0

Thanks guys. Been trying suggestions but no joy. Wired connection is there showing as 'Unidentified Network' but it won't let me connect. I have followed instuctions in user manual but no joy. Laptop is a Samsung Notebook NP300E7A.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Could be a driver problem. W7 networking. Try the second answer down.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made