We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

cannot install drivers. no intel(R) adapters are present...

timhenning
Resolved

Likes # 0

hello,

i wanted to link a pc to my notebook. i know its possible but the ethernet driver isn't installed on the pc... i downloaded a driver but i have the message "cannot install drivers. no intel(R) adapters are present in this computer"

its a pc with windows xp home model 945GZM-S2 bios award modular bios v6.00PG processor intel core 2CPU 4300 @1.80GHZ

can annyone tell me what driver i have to download for it? i can't connect to internet at the moment so i have to download it with my laptop and transfer it with an external hard disk.

hope U can help me with it but I know from experience that you can. greets and thanks for taking the time...

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

It sounds like you've tried to install an Intel Ethernet driver - but your Ethernet hardware is from another manufacturer. If you can identify your motherboard, you may be able to find out who the manufacturer is. Realtek is a common manufacturer of Ethernet interfaces for motherboards. (The model number you quote is, I think, the Intel chipset.)

Like this post
timhenning

Likes # 0

system manufacturer is Gigabyte technology Co., Ltd. that's what i can fiend if i run dxdiag...

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 1

Try running Belarc Advisor (if you can without an online connection. Not sure if it's an .exe file that you could copy on to a disk and then run on the target machine). With any luck, that'll reveal the actual model number of the Gigabyte motherboard...

Hold on. I think I may have found your motherboard. If you go here, you should be able to download the drivers for it.

Like this post  
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Damn your eyes, Fruit Bat /\0/... :-)

Like this post
timhenning

Likes # 0

thanks a lot, i knew i could find a solution in this forum... i allways come here if i have a question... i know my english is not 100% but belgium forums are not good. thanks for helping me out. greets and have a nice day

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 vs iPad mini 2 comparison: New iPad mini 3 isn't worth £80 more

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

View an animated vision of a better future for Ethiopian girls

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...