We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

GPU not waking from sleep.

Peter Lanky

Likes # 0

GPU is Nvidia GTX660 and using Windows 8.

I had a issue with my GPU which involved me getting a replacement from the supplier. The original problem has gone, but I now find that my GPU will not wake from sleep. Sometimes just the GPU fails to wake, which I can identify when I hear my HDD starting up and my scanner initiating, but sometimes there is another issue, as I do not hear these sounds, but the PC is still powering up. I am unable to identify anything however, due to not being able to see anything on the monitor.

If I disable my GPU in control panel (as opposed to uninstalling it), then I am unable to go into sleep mode at all.

I thought the problem could have been caused by software Logitech Setpoint 6.52 as I have another problem with this in that the music playback keys on my keyboard suddenly stop working, but will start to function again merely by opening Setpoint. I uninstalled Setpoint and believed I had solved the problem when I was able to wake from sleep a few times, but after around 6 successes, the problem returned.

I have tried having hibernate ON and OFF but it makes no difference.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Have a read of http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproperf/thread/1d478f44-2a24-4cca-9cff-40d639b7a8f1 and see if any of the 'solutions' (from about halfway down page) apply, and might work for you in W8.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia