We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Transferring colour slides to photographs

Yimbo
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have some old two and quarter square colour slides from which I would like to have photographs (prints) made. Is this possible, and if so, what's the procedure involved?

Thanks fo any help - advice!

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

It certainly is possible,

Click here...

Like this post  
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Are you referring to 35 mm slides as other sizes may be more difficult? You will need a scanner that has a backlight and able to scan at a high resolution as you will eventually need to enlarge the slides. It can take a lot of time and may need colour correction.

Like this post
AroundAgain

Likes # 0

I have got this little scanner, Veho VFS-004 and have been very pleased with the results.

It's not super-fast when scanning your slides but I am very happy with the results.

I'd recommend it.

Like this post
Yimbo

Likes # 0

Thanks folks for your responses. I've followed your link, Nontek, and looked at some (though as yet, not all) of the scanners available - including your item, AroundAgain. They all seem to handle only 35mm slides, whereas as you, Woolwell, point out, "other sizes may be more difficult". My slides are the older two and quarter inch size.

Maybe the best solution would be to have them processed by a professional company.

I appreciate your help - thanks again!

Like this post
AroundAgain

Likes # 0

Yimbo, do you have a slide projector and screen that you could project the slides to a screen? If so, it might be worth just trying to capture them on camera. I don't know what quality you could achieve but might be enough to be able to look at them.

You would definitely get better results using a proper screen, rather than a wall.

The professionals will obviously be very expensive. I'm just thinking of cheaper options to do this.

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

Many High Street processors will do this.

Snappy Snaps are one

Snappy Snaps

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...