We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

ipod will not zoom out

Trenny
Resolved

Likes # 0

How can I get my ipod touch to zoom out. The screen has suddenly gone enormous. I have followed the manual and tried spreading my fingers and pulling them together, but nothing happens. I use it for downloading audiobooks from the library website via my laptop and overdrive media console. It is is not connected directly to the internet.

Any help much appreciated.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Have you tried turning it off then on again?

Like this post
Trenny

Likes # 0

Yes, but I can't get even get rid of the sound now! When I press the button the screen momentarily shows the screen with the small icons (ie the normal one), and then reverts to the zoomed in screen (which appears to be on top of the normal screen. The audiobook is 'on' and even when I press the top 'off' button the speech continues. Crazy!

Like this post
Trenny

Likes # 0

I've done it! I went into itunes and right-clicked on 'sheila's ipod' and used the restore option. Thank you for your reply - it gave me the courae to try again!

Like this post  
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Great but I was coming back to help you turn it off rather than restore. But the main thing is you are sorted. Well done,

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...