We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

WiFi connectivity issue - Windows 8/ Sony Vaio

tuhin777

Likes # 0

I am having a big trouble whereby I am unable to access internet via WiFi on my laptop(Vaio S Series - Windows 8 Single language), however my android tablet and mobile connect and work fine. 1. Most times the wifi says "unable to connect" 2. Sometimes it does get connected, but the speed is very less(worse than dialup) and then it also gets disconnected after a while 3. Intermittently the message is shown in the connectivity area that "The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network" 4. I went through various forums and tried forgetting the connection and reconnecting, changing settings to "Open" and "WEP", manually connecting through new connection wizard, but to no avail. I would be really grateful if someone can suggest any other method. I know the WiFi itself is not the issue as it connects fine on my mobile and tablet.

Like this post
jaywoo

Likes # 0

Are you using wireless software that came pre-installed on the laptop, or Windows' built-in wifi management?

Like this post
tuhin777

Likes # 0

The prebuilt one

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow