We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Acronis True Image Programs (Partion Not Seen in (Create Back Up Wizard)

RobCharles1981

Likes # 0

Hi All

I'm wondering if anyone has had this problem.

The version of Acronis True Image 11 and has been working excellently and I've been storing all my backup images to an external drive.

Now very recently - Acronis has been playing up when I go the "Create Backup Wizard Screen" One of my Partitions which is my storage is not showing up in the program.

I've looked at clean re-installing the software then trying again the problem remains the same any ideas on what is going on?

Thanks

Rob

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

You say that Acronis does not see the backup partition. Does Windows Explorer see it?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Boot from the Acronis CD and see if the partition is showing, if it is then I would suspect the installed Acronis program on C: drive is playing up.

Like this post
RobCharles1981

Likes # 0

compumac - yep it's all fine there...

lotvic Ile give that a shot now... I have Acronis installed on another drive I've never had any issues with this before!

Like this post
RobCharles1981

Likes # 0

Nope still the same!

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

There are updates to Acronis - I have v 10 and the update solved a similar, if not exact, problem. I tried a link but the v11 update wanted a "trial" of v13. Do search their site.

Like this post
RobCharles1981

Likes # 0

I think I have the latest build as there are two old updates on their site?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Please answer compumac's question: "backup partition. Does Windows Explorer see it?"

We need to find out if it is Acronis playing up or if the Partition is. Maybe it has lost it's Drive Letter?

You said you have been storing all your backup images to an external drive. Is this problem partition on an External usb Harddrive?

If so, At what point did you connect the usb ext harddrive? Acronis has to have any ext harddrives up and running before you start the program (also before you use the Acronis Boot CD) or it can't see them.

Like this post
RobCharles1981

Likes # 0

Ile elaborate....

When I fire up Acronis to do a backup of my partitions when I come to the create backup wizard it shows your partitions you then select which one and then to where (Which is no brainier)

It sounds to me Acronis is playing up here the partion is fine and so is the letter. And there are no issues with the external drive from what I can see.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Ok, sorry, I should read more carefully, you had answered compumac and Windows Explorer can see partition. It is only Acronis that doesn't see it.

I will post back if I come up with any ideas of what might be the cause.

Like this post
RobCharles1981

Likes # 0

Bump

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Today's bargains phones, tablets, laptops and more for Black...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers