We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

iTunes

Mr Wood

Likes # 0

I have iTunes installed on laptop running Windows 8 64-bit.

When I load iTUNES, there is no music listed in my library even though it is logged in. Any ideas ?

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Have you added your music to itunes? If not hers how. Itunes.

Like this post
Mr Wood

Likes # 0

Thanks for that. iTunes library is already setup on my old laptop but since loading iTunes onto the new machine, there is no music library.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Bought music or music on the laptop?

Basic question, but have you transferred the music from the old laptop to the new?

Like this post
Mr Wood

Likes # 0

You should be able to sign into iTunes and your music library should be accessible on the new laptop. Thanks for the comments, any further ideas please?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I don't think that it works like that apart from purchased items. Read Apple support how to move your music to new computer.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

You should be able to sign into iTunes and your music library should be accessible on the new laptop.

It definitely does not work like that you will need to do one of these here. itunes transfer.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

You can do it using iCloud, if it is installed on both machines. Only applies to iTunes bought from them. The rest - copy to a memory stick or sd or similar in a folder. Then in new machine , iTunes, Music "Add Folder to library" and point to the folder on the stick or whatever. When all is done, remember to unauthorise the old pc.

Like this post
bionicle

Likes # 0

Is i-tunes linked to the folder where your music library is on the laptop? In i-tunes go to Edit, Preferences and then select Advanced. This will show where your music library is and allows a change if required.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Kindle Voyage release date, price and specs UK: a high-end eReader with Amazon’s best-ever...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room