We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

A random water dripping sound heard on my notebook

GPK1
Resolved

Likes # 0

A 'water dripping' or 'chugging sound' is heard at random on my notebook. The sound can be clearly heard even when the speakers are muted. I have been through the malware removal process on the MBAM forum and my notebook is free of malware.

I was asked of the MBAM forum to record the sound in order to eliminate the remote possibility of screen hardware problems. I was unable to record the sound on my mobile and do not have any external audio devices to record the sound. We got a bit stuck at the point.

I am hoping you guys can shed some light on the problem?

Many Thanks

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

What is the make, model and OS of the notebook? Also how old is it?

It might just need a thorough internal cleanup, getting rid of dust/fluff etc, making sure that all grills in case are completely clear and any internal fans clean and running freely.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Is it possible someone has played a prank on you? Many years ago, this was a favourite thing to do - there was a little program you could install surreptitiously on a friend's PC that would make the sound of dripping water. It was about as popular as turning your mate's screen upside down with Ctrl, Alt and the down arrow key...

Like this post
GPK1

Likes # 0

Re previous two replies - Are either of you guys PC Advisor tech support staff?

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Nope. Why do you ask?

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

GPK1

The responder's are people 'with knowledge of computers' and other things, who voluntary give their time for free on a daily basis,in helping other people out. There are no PC Advisor tech support staff, employed by PCA to give daily advice.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Just normal guys that come on here and try and help others with problems that they have.

I suppose if you want proper tech help from professionals you would have to pay for it.

Like this post
GPK1

Likes # 0

Thanks guys...Im in the wrong forum. How do I close this thread?

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Grey arrow on the right click on it and it will turn green.

Not got pestpatrol on your computer by any chance as that used to give the sound of dripping water.

maybe give Malwarebytes a run just to see if it finds any problems.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

You kinda wonder what forum the OP is looking for...

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

For the curious, ClickHere for MBAM thread about the noise

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

2014 Mac mini release date, specs, rumours: When's the new Mac mini coming out?

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen