We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Cookie Management

morddwyd

Likes # 0

I know there are plenty of cookie management programmes available, but I'm looking for particular type, one that allows you to accept or reject as they set, rather than look up a list.

There is a superb little programme called Cookie Pal but it is only compatible with Opera and IE.

Anybody know of anything similar for Chrome and FF.

I've had a browse through extensions and add-ons but didn't flag up anything that really fitted the bill.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

There are some cookie managers amongst this lot for Firefox.hereenter link description here

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

I prefer the Chocolate Chip ones myself!

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Like I said, there are plenty available, but I'm looking for a specific facility,like Opera has built in.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

In Firefox you can set it to 'ask me every time' click on Tools | Options | and the Privacy tab and then in the drop down menu for 'Keep until:' choose 'ask me every time' then you get a pop up box every time a cookie is sent asking if you want to allow or Deny etc. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

You can get IE10 (probably earlier versions too) to prompt for cookies IE security settings.

Like this post
Green 1

Likes # 0

I use Cookie Wall, I think it's what your looking for, hope this helps.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Thanks.

That FF method was a bit deeply embedded and I hadn't found it!

Never used IE, but I'll have a look at Cookie Wall.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Update -

Cookie Wall is IE only, but the FF fix is working.

Still looking for something for Chrome!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A better deal than the Z3 and most smartphones

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Framestore recreates ancient China for Mr Bean's martial arts misadventure

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests and more