We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Unable to Take Backup

Harjinder_Singh

Likes # 0

Respected Sir, I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bits but when I try to take backup following error message was displayed: The backup application could not start due to an internal error:

The service cannot be started,either because it is disabled or because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.(0x80070422).

Block Level Backup Engine Service also be not running when I try to run this service manually following error message was displayed :

Windows could not start the Block Level Backup Engine Service service on Local Computer. Error 0x800700b7: Cannot create a file when that file already exits.

I already reinstall the operating system, run under safe mode and clean boot by using msconfig, run scf/scannow under command prompt but the problem not solved.Provide me solution for this.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

This error usually occurs if one of the services required for windows backup to work is disabled or not started.

To check for the services, click on start, in the start search bar type services and then press enter.

Please check that the following services are enabled:

"Remote Procedure Call" (RPCSS) should be enabled, Automatic.

"COM+ Event System" (EventSystem) should be enabled, Manual.

"System Event Notification Service" (SENS) should be enabled, Automatic.

"Volume Shadow Copy" (VSS) should be enabled, Manual.

"Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider" (SWPRV) should be enabled, manual.

"Block Level Backup Engine Service" should be enabled, manual

Once you make any changes according to the specifications listed above, you can try a backup and check if that resolves the issue

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

deleted the following file: %windir%\system32\tasks\microsoft\windows\SystemRestore\SR

and then retry to backup

Like this post
Harjinder_Singh

Likes # 0

No the issue was not resolved.Above mentioned error messages is again displayed along with another error message as mentioned below when try to take backup:

The backup application could not start due to an internal error: Server execution failed(0x8008005).

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Something to try here. Microsoft.

And something else. Here.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

The Samsung Gear VR is better than the Oculus Rift (kinda)

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: How to buy an iPhone 6 today