We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Canon MG5350 Printer - shouldn't do this!

AngeTheHippy

Likes # 0

Aft'noon Chaps, Just purchased this recently - a few times now I've sent print jobs which it will start, but stop after a few moments - wasting ink/paper etc. Why would it do this, d'ya know? REALLY getting on me nerves!!

AngeTheHippy x

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

It pauses to do print head cleaning half way through a print job? or do you mean it only prints half the page and then ejects it?

Like this post
AngeTheHippy

Likes # 0

HiYa Lotvic, no - prints only part of a page then ejects. Been onto Canon support, they suggested the printer was too far from router (next room, about 16 feet as the 'crow flies'.

Just bought it to within 6 feet of router... works perfectly. HOW ANNOYING is that? lol. Looks like I'll need to re-site it in the LOUNGE then... not the best of places...

Many thanks for your time,

Ange x

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Looks like I'll need to re-site it in the LOUNGE then... not the best of places...

Particularly with all those crows flying about.lol.

Can you not just run an Ethernet cable to it, I assume you are wireless printing which is causing the problems.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

How about a Homeplug? you can get them with WiFi as well.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Maybe re-site the router.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...