We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Information about Apache Tomcat / 5.5.27

spuds
Resolved

Likes # 0

I seem to have constant problems in receiving certain emails from my local council, and neither them or I seem to be able to resolve the problem. Other emails from other sources including certain council departments are fine.

The problem relates to a error message Apache Tomcat/5.5.27. The full text: http status 404-/cp/templates.applications/mail/html/null.jsp. Description. The required resource (/cp/templates/aplication/mail/null.jsp) isnot available.

Can anyone throw any light as to this error, and how it can be resolved.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Is it a Talktalk email address? ClickHere that might work for you too.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

lotvic- Thanks for that, very interesting. Still cannot understand how I can receive email from other council department's, then have a problem from one particular department when this problem arises.

Another strange thing that appeared to happen previously, was the fact that I could send emails to the council and various people, yet with this one particular department, some of the email was being rejected as possible spam or 'infections'.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I'm presuming the problem is when you click on links in an email on webmail (not when you have collected same email on your pc with email client) is this correct?

I'm learning as I go along as this problem has intrigued me and am now curious as to why it happens.

I'm thinking at the mo' that it's because of the 'null' jsp but that would not seem to make sense if by forwarding to another address the link then worked. Must be a faulty line somewhere or something.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

lotvic- apologies for not getting back sooner, busy day. Yes it is correct, that the problem occurs in an email link, being provided by the council. I had the same problem in the past from this particular department, but not other department's within the council.

Yesterday evening I had a quick look around the internet for further suggestions, it all seems to come down to the way the header or the way the email link is being sent?.

What I have done, is referred the matter back to the council. If I get further news, I will post any answers.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Thanks

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

The council have returned with an answer. It would appear that their (council) website is not compatible with some ISP's, and there is "very little that they can do to resolve that particular issue". It would appear that there is a coding problem, with figures at the end of the link. There have been a few complaints about this, including from other establishments and authorities.

After a few suggestions and trial, I can get the 'error link' information by going direct to the council website, then clicking on the relevant section and clicking on the listed article there.

A long way around the situation, but it works.

I'll now tick this as resolved.

Like this post  
lotvic

Likes # 0

Thanks for posting explanation, good to know it's not a fault with an end user's pc software/program.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S6 release date, features and specs rumours: When will the Galaxy S6 come out?

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...