We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Stop thread email notification.

Chronos the 2nd
Resolved

Likes # 0

Forgot how to stop the email notification when someone has posted in a thread I have started. Can someone be kind enough to refresh my memory. I have changed my email now the PM is back on the forum and though I have looked I do not see anywhere to switch off the email notification.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

I thought it was somehow connected to tick/untick the subscribe to replies box just above the Post button at the bottom.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

No it's not that, I have not got a clue what that is for. Oddly enough I did not get an email notification of your post so possibly it has sorted itself out or it could be magic.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

I have found that the email notifications are a bit hit-and-miss, I prefer not to have the notifications. I tried to look in Forum Rules, but that link does not seem to be working properly either - I have informed FE about that.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

I do not want them either as I dip in and out of here regularly so they are unnecessary.

Like this post
Fruitbat 2

Likes # 0

You should get them only for the thread you started or if you subscribe to another persons thread

Last thread I started (last week) I didn't get any and didn't notice how to switch on or off.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

I have just received a email notification of the 3:39 post from Nontek, it is now 4:58 so that's working great.

Oh and Fuitbat 2, when did you become 2 by the way? Yes I was aware that the email notifications only occur on my own threads. I do not want them but as Nontek has rightly pointed out it is a bit hit and miss whether you get them or not.

Like this post
Fruitbat 2

Likes # 0

No relation to Fruitbat13 who started a thread earlier.

Fruitbat 2 happened a couple of weeks ago when I couldn't log into the site under Fruitbat /\0/\

After last weeks problem with startups not starting I eventually restored an imaged from the previous week and now the cookie seems to auto log me in as Fruitbat 2.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I believe you have to click on the unsubscribe link in the email (right at the bottom) to stop them

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

I don't think that you can I tried everything and ended up sending them to the spam folder.

I must admit I try and close a thread as soon as possible but I have noticed that I am not getting as many now.just the odd one.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

This has never been ticked so don't think it is that.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this...

IDG UK Sites

Tech trends 2015: 3D printing grows up

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & other Black Friday tech offers