We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

I have the upgrade itch again.

Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Haswell is out and I came across this case Parvum Systems which I believe is a thing of beauty. A little pricey but it is about par for what on average I pay for a case.

Anyone have any thoughts on it?

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

Seems a bit light on interior fittings and a bit small for me.

My next case is likely to be one of these: Corsair Graphite 600T.

Like this post
mart7

Likes # 0

Both good cases chronos the 2nd any chance you may be looking to the Nvidia Geforce titan graphics card?

http://www.ebuyer.com/480791-evga-gtx-titan-6gb-gddr5-dual-dvi-hdmi-displayport-pci-e-graphics-card-06g-p4-2790-kr?utmsource=google&utmmedium=products&gclid=CMajhZ3qzLcCFdLItAodbjIA7w

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Given Intel's track record (do I remember a recall on Ivy Bridge? Or was it Sandy Bridge?) I think I'd wait before investing in Haswell. Or perhaps wait for Broadwell... :-)

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

And I always thought a case was, well, a case!

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Mr Mistoffelees

*Seems a bit light on interior fittings and a bit small for me. My next case is likely to be one of these: Corsair Graphite 600T.*

Are you not into water-cooling, something I have yet to dabble in. as for the fitting they are mainly behind the mid-wall panel, harddrives and PSU. There is no optical drive bay, I have not had an optical drive in a case for a while now. No need.

Love the Corsair case just far to big for my tastes. This was the last BIG case I had Silverstone. It was so heavy I stuck wheels on the thing just to move it.

mart7 Both good cases chronos the 2nd any chance you may be looking to the Nvidia Geforce titan graphics card?

I wish.

onthelimit1

And I always thought a case was, well, a case!

So did I a few years ago, now I spend as much time selecting a case as any other component.

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

Water cooling is not for me, neither am I likely to dabble in case modding. I would however like something a little nicer to look at, and higher quality, the my Zalman Z9, though it does run cool. The Corsair looks like it fits the bill for me and I like big!

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

onthelimit1, if you are going to overclock and want your PC to be stable, quiet and air-cooled, case selection is very important. A lesson I learnt three cases ago.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014