We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What is OpenGL and where can I get it?

LA26

Likes # 0

Hi, We recently bought my son a gaming pc but when he goes on to play his games on 'Steam', he's being told something along the lines of he 'doesn't have OpenGL'. Any idea how this can be sorted? Thanks.

Like this post
BSOD

Likes # 0

OpenGL is a cross platform 2d 3d graphics rendering applications.

Try click here

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Update your graphic card drivers. If you can post make and model of PC I will provide a link to the download you need to sort this problem.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

OpenGL is not a standalone program you download, it is integrated into your graphics card driver. So refer to my earlier post.

Like this post
LA26

Likes # 0

Chronos the 2nd, thanks for your response. It's called Raider AMD X6 6300. Is that any help?

Like this post
TimeTimer

Likes # 0

OpenGL is a cross-language, multi-platform API for rendering 2D and 3D computer graphics. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenGL

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Is this your PC? DinoPC. If so you can either update your graphic card driver automatically here. Or download and install this driver. AMD.

Hopefully updating your PC's graphic card driver will solve your problem. Any further questions post back.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

O2 to sell exclusive red HTC One M8

IDG UK Sites

How to win iTunes Festival 2014 tickets: See Pharrell Williams, Sam Smith, Kylie & more live, for...

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger