We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

password on pc and laptop copied and used

Liza

Likes # 0

I am having trouble with my password even though pc is virus protected. I have changed it several times on Windows XP. I know who they are. They are posing as MS trained and working for them. I got them from MS website. Please help. liza

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Looks like you have been scammed Liza.

If you have any Bank details on your computer I would inform your bank to change you cards.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Looks like you have been scammed Liza.

If you have any Bank details on your computer I would inform your bank to change you cards.

Sorry it will not post I get this trying to post.

Click here

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Not sure what's happened here but I would disconnect the PCs from the net, change your passwords again. Do a search for a program called Teamviewer or some alternatives, scroll down a bit for list and remove it. Only then go back on line.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Liza

Looks like there has been a problem with a Glitch on PCA and I have asked the FE to remove my posts.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

There is also one called Gotomypc.

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

You say that that "you got them from MS website".

Them - Who are them?

Could you clarify with a little more detail?

Like this post
Jollyjohn

Likes # 0

Hi

Also there is LogMeIn, GoToAssist.

Press Windows key + R type msconfig in box Enter Go to start up Tab Disable all Apply Restart

Once restarted cancel the message about selective start up - we will come back and enable start up items.

Go to control panel Programs and features and look for any programs installed in the last few days - uninstall them - restart as needed.

Then go back to msconfig - start up items and enable those items you want to start when Windows starts.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Liza, did someone phone you and get you to install a program so they could help you with your pc problems?

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-security/please-read-dont-fall-for-phony-phone-tech-support/e5576f0a-827e-4fc0-a4b1-707add212065

Like this post
Liza

Likes # 0

compumac

Thanks for your speedy reply. Pareto Logic was the guy and the other one is Trev (is on my laptop which I stopped using, I will come back when I log into it). Pareto Logic came on my pc and there was trojan virus so I got into MS to ask what was going on I got this other guy Trev and he then gave me a whole cock and bull story and I fell for it and lethim take out the trojan and install ms defender he said (I have to check). Its a long story. Last friday 31st May I was ordering from here PC Advisor the Google Envy9 MiniGadget 9" Android tablet but my pc was going off everytime so I went back once or twice to type password and get in then when I was in I needed paypal and details were being asked (I didnt give) so I turned off and then decided to change my password for Windows.liza

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

Liza I am not sure as to what you are stating. Start again in detail. Pareto Logic is a programme not a guy. How did you get in to MS?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014