We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

zyxel nas 310 slow on one computer

alan2k1

Likes # 0

hi any ideas where to look on this problem

I have a zyxel nas 310 connected to my virgin super hub and accessed by at least 4 devices, mixture of laptops and towers via cable and wireless connections.

it has worked perfectly for a number of months without a problem

I now have a problem but this problem is ONLY with just ONE windows 8 tower

it works fine on all the other devices

the problem is upload or download anything to the nas box from the problem tower is very very very slow, it wont stream music or video

the internet connection to the problem tower is fine ...I get the full 120mb from virgin and videos from youtube are perfectly playable

I have tried the following without success

making the problem tower wireless ping the nas box from the problem tower I get 0ms tracert from the problem tower I get 1 hop 1 ms for another reason the virgin super hub was changed changed the network cable to the nas box

any ideas would be most welcome thanks

alan

Like this post
alan2k1

Likes # 0

bump

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I have difficulty in understanding this "making the problem tower wireless ping the nas box from the problem tower I get 0ms tracert from the problem tower I get 1 hop 1 ms for another reason the virgin super hub was changed changed the network cable to the nas box". Are you saying that the superhub has been changed? Have you tried a different wireless channel?

Like this post
alan2k1

Likes # 0

thanks woolwell the super hub was changed but for another reason but it does rule that out

the idea of pinging the nas box was to establish any slow connection speed but it seems fine

I temporarily made the tower wireless to rule out the lan port on the problem tower been a problem but the problem was the same with the tower running on a usb wireless adapter

the nas box isn't wireless its hard wired to the router

any other device connected to the nas box works fine just this one tower is a problem

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Please confirm that the problem tower is connected by Ethernet (cable).

Have you tried turning the firewall off?

Like this post
billwerb

Likes # 0

Interestingly, I have exactly (and I mean exactly) the same problem, and it's occurred in the last few days.

I can't think of anything obvious that has changed, and I haven't found a way to fix it.

The my and OP's problem is the same and happened independently around the same time shouts some sort of issue with a pushed update that broke something.

I'd be interested to know what hardware you are running? Mine is an old socket 939/n-force 610a system running Win 8 64bit.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

6 cheapest 4K TVs in the UK 2014: Get a UHD telly without breaking the bank

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, 256GB, Early 2014) lab tests and benchmarks

IDG UK Sites

How to stop your parents opening and responding to phishing emails

IDG UK Sites

Google to ship first Project Ara developer boards in July