We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

cant access laptop wont recognise password

nonowtatall

Likes # 0

i cant access my laptop it keeps putting a box up with a red cross in the top left hand corner and it nsays this C:\windows\system32\keymgr.dll is either notdesigned to runon windows or it contains an error try installing the program again using the original instalation media or contact yoursystem adminiastrator or software vendor for support LogonUI.exe-Bad image what can i do to put this right as i am desperate i wish i had never put a password in now

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Two important questions - What OS? Do you have an Original OS Disc?

Like this post
nonowtatall

Likes # 0

hi nontec i have an asus with windows7 home edition but i never got a disc when i bought it i also tells me that the user profile service failed the logon

user profile cannot be loaded

i can access my laptop when i go into safe mode

Like this post
nonowtatall

Likes # 0

hello nontec it also tells me in a box SMARTLOGON.EXE APPLICATION ERROR then a red x and the applicationwas unable to start correcly (0xc0000006) click to close application

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Well that is good, Safe Mode may be your savior.

While in safe mode you should be able to create for yourself a New Profile (with Administrative right). Then run scannow to try and do a repair.

create new profile

scannow

Like this post
nonowtatall

Likes # 0

hello nontec when i go into usr accounts the add or rmove accounts wont open there is a yellow and blue shield next to it but the change your password and remove your password are clear and open when clicked should i chance doing that

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

I guess yes, if nothing else works, worth a chance.

Or it would probably be better to try a System Restore while in safe mode, back to before you had this problem.

Like this post
timjonessupport

Likes # 0

I've used a repair tool from click here which you can use to reset all windows passwords, used it a few times on clients computers which works a treat.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback