We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Avant Browser Website - Virus Problem??

thegreypanther

Likes # 0

I have just received the latest issue of PC Advisor magazine, - Issue 217, August 2013.

This issue highly recommends the Avant browser, downloaded from avantbrowser.com.

But if I try to save the file, absetup.exe, from http://dl22.filekicker.net, anti-virus software kicks in big time.

IS THERE a problem? Has the Avant Browser website itself been hacked??

Advice please.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Your click here does not open for me maybe try again.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Just typed avantbrowser.com into Google and opened it and Emisoft blocked something in it so that's how it would not open.

What security program warned you.

I adedeed it for checking to this website and it gives it as clear.

I would imagine it is trying to download a toolbar or something like that which may be suspect.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Like this post
thegreypanther

Likes # 0

Jock1e

Both McAfee and Norton Security came up red with the link and filenames that came from the avantbrowser.com website.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

I can only presume that the site must be infected for that response from security programs.

Maybe e-mail the FE and see if he can get it sorted for you.

DL Flicker.com is what my security program finds tried Googling it but could find nothing.

Like this post
Arandora

Likes # 0

It would appear that the server that hosts forum.avantbrowser.com (and other sites) is down and has been for several days due to an ongoing dDos attack. There's no information available as to when it will be accessible again. See this information

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

My Anti-Malware program still finds faults when opening the Avant Browser Website so looks like they may still have problems.

Like this post
Arandora

Likes # 0

I use the old AB Version 11.47 Build 46 SR and have been experiencing some issues recently with blocked URLs and scripting on certain websites that are OK on IE 10 and Firefox and was considering finally upgrading to latest Version of AB. It was when I tried to access the AB Forum that I found this issue. I guess I won't be upgrading until this issue is well and truly resolved.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 930 review: The flagship Windows Phone 8.1 smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Live Blog: Apple financial results, record June quarter, 35.2m iPhones sold, $37.4b revenue

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger