We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Google Chrome and Delta Search and Babylon tolbars

Eileanbeag

Likes # 0

I have just downloaded Google Chrome but cannot seem to get rid of Delta Search and Babylon toolbars. I would prefer to have Google as my search engine. Any help appreciated. I am running Windows 7

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Found this for Babylon but I suspect it will work with Delta.

If Babylon pages are opening up each time you start up Chrome, check in Chrome menu (previously Wrench icon) > Settings > On Startup > next to the radio button for Open a specific page or set of pages, click on Set pages > remove any unwanted URLs by hovering over the URL until you see an "X" appear to the right side of the URL.

If all searches that you perform in the are returning with results from Babylon instead of your preferred search engine, check in Chrome menu (previously Wrench icon) > Settings > Search > Manage search engines > check the list of Default search engines, Other search engines, and Search engines added by extensions, and remove suspicious entries that you are not familiar with. Depending on your extensions, you may not see the last section for Search engines added by extensions.

If Babylon is opening up when you click on the Home button, check in Chrome menu (previously Wrench icon) > Settings > Appearance > select the Show Home button checkbox > check if the URL that appears below it references Babylon.

Also check that there are no extensions installed that may be causing these changes. Go to Chrome menu (previously Wrench icon) > Settings > Extensions > if you see any unfamiliar extension that you do not remember installing, try disabling/removing the extension to see it was causing these changes. To disable, uncheck the "Enabled" checkbox next to the extension. To remove, hover over the extension until you see a trash can icon appear, and click on the icon.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Have a look at these instructions,

remove delta search

remove babylon

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Same as Chronos the 2nd's instructions basically but make sure to check programs and features first.

Like this post
Eileanbeag

Likes # 0

Many thanks for your help. That worked beautifully

Like this post
Babylon.LTD

Likes # 0

Hello Eileanbeag, Babylon is a company that provides translation and linguistic services, and as part of this we offer integrated search programs that help people understand and communicate with people around the world. Our search tools are meant to compliment our other programs, so if they are not what you are looking for we are more than happy to help you uninstall them. You can simply click here for detailed instructions: http://www.babylon.com/uninstall_search/index or contact me at any time for more information at [email protected] We are always happy to help.

Like this post
shellship

Likes # 0

Chronus Thank you so much. My Chrome started this business a couple of days ago and I have been tearing my hair out trying to find out how to remove these two nasties. No idea how they arrived.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......