We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Netbook plays TV on iplayer but stalls on radio - why??

pcbadger

Likes # 0

Hi, Hope someone can shed some light... I have a Packard Bell Dot S with an Atom N455 processor, 2 GB ram and Intel Med Graphics Accelerator 3150. I'm with Plusnet and have a 6 MB/s connection.

It plays TV and movies fine, but when I listen to iplayer radio it will play for about 3 mins then stops and hangs. If I refresh the page it will resume play, but if I leave it it displays an error "insufficient bandwidth".

This is odd because the bandwidth is sufficient to play TV (i.e. sounds and images) from iplayer, itv, 4od and youtube.

I have monitored the useage using the windows task manager and the processor seems to go high when it says that error...?????? s it really a bandwidth issue?????

Any suggestions welcome! :o)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...