We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Deleting software from c: drive wipes my J: drive

redbarron

Likes # 0

My main drive is my c: 128 SSD drive. I also have 2TB J: drive with a few folders on it, mainly photos.

Yesterday I deleted some software from my c: drive and installed it onto my j: drive. I then decided I didn't want it at all and deleted it via control panel and removed any folders left behind manually. However, not only has it deleted the bit of software it has completely wiped the j: drive.

Can anyone tell me why it would do that please. Thank you

Like this post
redbarron

Likes # 0

Forgot to add. My system is Windows 7 64 bit

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Can I get this straight. You had, as yet unknown, software on your C drive which you un-installed and them installed on your J drive. You then decided that you did not want it after all so you un-installed the software, I assume via Programs and features in the Control panel, but this has wiped/formatted your J drive.

Is this correct?

First question would have to be why you moved the program from C to J?

What was the software.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

"I then decided I didn't want it at all and deleted it via control panel and removed any folders left behind manually"

So your actions via control panel couldn't have 'completely wiped' J: drive, if you removed folders manually after uninstalling the software.

Have you looked in the Recycle bin?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers