We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Restarts during S.AntiSpyware scan and freezes. Help please?

buel

Likes # 0

Hi, My laptop has been freezing lately so I tried to run a SuperAntiSpyware scan but it restarts during it so I am stuck what to do. I have completed Avast and Malwarebytes scans and have not found anything. Oddly, the Firefox tabs' borders I have open seem to have a slight transparent look to them. Might be nothing to do with my problems but does seem odd.

Any help would be appreciated!

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Like this post
buel

Likes # 0

Okay, uninstalled S.A.S, ran those two scans and nothing found. Downloaded S.A.S again, ran it and got this: http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa214/craigten/310520131400.jpg

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Uninstall again. Run Ccleaner and the registry cleaner and reboot.

Don't know your OS as this is the help-room but, after uninstalling SAS and reboot, as above, run the system file checker a few times.

SAS causing BSOD or rebooting or display corruption might be symptoms showing but not the actual cause.

Like this post
buel

Likes # 0

Morning!! Okay, SAS uninstalled, Ccleaner run, system check run. Now back using the laptop and waiting for the freeze to happen. Nothing as yet....

So is it probable that there is/was a hardware problem here then?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

See how it goes. Hopefully it's not hardware. The only easy checks you could do if it goes again is the usual reseating of ram and check the HDD connection.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Might be something in this MS article that could help to pin fault down support.microsoft.com

Stop 0x00000077 KERNEL STACK INPAGE ERROR

Like this post
buel

Likes # 0

Thank you so much.

I thought it had frozen again but it turned out the batteries had gone in my mouse (NOT the reason it had frozen before). Lol

PS- If I had to buy a back up programme, would Acronis be the top choice?

Like this post
buel

Likes # 0

Anyone?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

do you mean for the Stack Error or for Acronis, or both?

I use Acronis but others may have other suggestions. You should be able to get a free back up program from the Harddrive manufacturers website. There are also quite a few other good free ones available. Someone may post with suggestions or do a search of forum to see what has been advised on other threads.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

buel

I use ATI in W7. takes a bit of getting used to but it has saved my bacon on 2 computers.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'