We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Sending Photos By Email limitation

ponytail

Likes # 0

I recently went back to where we lived when me and my brothers were at school and took a lot of photos.I want to send them to my brother who lives in Spain but when I try to attach them to the email I get the following message. We cant attach your files because they exceed the 25-mb limit.To send these files use Skydrive.What is Skydrive how do I get it and use it as have never used it before or heard of it.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Why not use DropBox to send your photos as it is a lot simpler to use than Microsoft's Skydrive?

You install DropBox on your PC, create a folder within it and copy all your photos to it. you then can simply share the folder with your brother, he does not need to have DropBox installed, but it is even simpler if he does as you can share a folder and anything that go in from you or your brother can instantly be accessed by the other.

I have been using it for years,great bit of software.

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

Chronos the 2nd

I am not impressed that the link you posted to Dropbox downloaded it without giving me the option to choose!!!!!!!!!

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

BT

Not the correct link I will admit but I believe you do still need to click on Run or Save before it will download.

Here is the correct link. DropBox Tour.

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

Personally I prefer yousendit

You send it

If you only want to send the occasional file, then there is no charge, however you can only send one file at a time (suggest Winzip).

There is a charge if you want to send a lot of data or multiple items.

Terry

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi Chronos the 2nd Have installed drop box created a new folder and copied and pasted my photos into the new folder now how do I email them.I have also sent a link for drop box to my brother

Was there a problem with PCA just now as I kept getting server error or was it just my PC

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

ponytail

You do not need to email the folder ETC you just need to send a link. Full instructions here mate. Share a Folder on DropBox.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

I think easier to use the free Picasa to organise all the photos on the PC. Can be emailed easily, and shrink them to a suitable size automatically.

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi again Chronos the 2nd Still have problems.This is what I have been doing Click on start Click on dropbox Photos folder appears getting started appears double click photos sample album appears double click sample album folder titled Terrys photos appears which was the new folder I created and the photos are in there and appear when I double click the folder What have I to do to share your link said something about clicking on the blank space next to the folder

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

I have just used this method using two of my own email addresses so I know it works.

Go to the DropBox icon in the bottom right hand side and right click on it then click on DropBox.com which will open your page/storage on the DropBox server.

You will see your folder/s, single left click so it turns blue then right click and click on either Invite to folder or Share link. In the top put the email address of the person you want to share with. In the lower box write any message, once done click on share folder or send.

Your brother will receive the link. Job done.

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

tried that and get the message your photos cant be turned into a shared folder

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch R video review: The most desirable Android Wear smartwatch

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

2015 creative trends: leading designers & artists reveal the biggest influences & changes coming th)......

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad