We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Blue Screen Dump Windows 7

suedeblue

Likes # 0

Hi, I am getting a blue screen that will not allow me to do anything except in safe mode with problem codes 1e C0000005 A077EFC0 00000000 00000000

Does anyone know, what if anything i can do to correct this error?

Any help would be appreciated.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

I am sorry mate but we require far more info than you have provided.

Operating system is always useful.

How long has your problem been occurring?

Did it suddenly occur or have you been having other problems prior to the BSOD?

Can you either take a photo of the BSOD or give the STOP code? They will look something like this. Or this. (Top Post)

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

Like Chronos has said, with a bit more info there's a good chance someone will know how to resolve those pesky BSoDs. "BlueScreenView" is one tool that can help:

Start your computer using the "Safe Mode with Networking" option. Download and install BlueScreenView. Start the program, double-click on the most recent BSoD in the list in the top pane and report back the following:

Bug Check Code

Caused by Driver

Do the same for three of the other recent ones and let us know the details too - but only if they're different of course.

Like this post
suedeblue

Likes # 0

Sorry about the limited info. I have windows 7. The problem just started 15 mins after starting up this morning. Suddenly the screen went blue with the error codes. I rebooted in safe mode, system restore, but had to do it twice before the system would stabilise, which it has now. The blue screen referred to a possible memory issue. I did have a similar problem some years back with another older system running xp. I took that one to a computer shop who fixed it quite quickly. but cannot recall what they did. I have now had this system for 6 1/2 years and was wondering if maybe it was upgrade time.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

no more info then? apart from Windows 7 OS. If we do not know the stop/error codes it is very difficult to help you. Secret-Squirrel's advice about downloading and installing Bluescreen view is an excellent one as it gives a lot of useful information about BSOD's.

Like this post
suedeblue

Likes # 0

Ok, downloaded and installed, but no mini dump files are in my documents.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

You will probably need to wait until/if it happens again before you can use this software.

Like this post
suedeblue

Likes # 0

I'll do that and thanks for your help.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Your welcome.

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

"but no mini dump files are in my documents."

By default, mini-dump files are saved to the C:/Windows/Minidump folder and BlueScreenView automatically scans this folder when it starts.

It sounds like you need to tweak your settings to enable saving of those files so have a read here and make sure your settings are like those shown. Note that you should ignore the paragraph that says "Make the following changes in your registry" as it's not required.

Like this post
Devil Fish

Likes # 0

have you recently installed any new software if so uninstall it in safe mode see if that solves problem

clutching at straws a bit as above if you can get the stop code would be helpful

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Exclusive: Samsung exits laptop market including Chromebooks

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 tips & tricks: Get to know iOS 8's handy new features