We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How do I link to another thread

bumpkin
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi, I should be able to do this but I cannot create and post a link from one of my earlier threads to one of todays questions which I think would be helpful to him.

Like this post
Zak

Likes # 0

Please try opening the page you want in another tab and then copy the URL into the hyperlink in your "post" page.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

or

Right click thread title on Forum page

open this thread click on the globe paste the link - click OK

Like this post
retep888™

Likes # 0

bumpkin

Are you looking for this thread <<Wireless relays, can someone clarify please>> click here

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

retep888, yes and I want to send it to Bumble1000 who asked about this sort of thing. Thanks

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Thanks fruitbat I have been told this before but what globe where? or do I need a visit to Specsavers.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Zak, "Please try opening the page you want in another tab"

I don't understand what you mean here, could you explain please. ie "another tab"

Like this post
Zak

Likes # 0

Hi bumpkin - just open a new tab in your browser and then find the page for the forum thread you are looking for. You will still have the current thread open where you are posting the reply. You could even open another instance of your browser; but do not close the current one you are viewing.

I hope you don't mind but I saw your request just now and have posted the link as you requested.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Hi Zak, thanks for posting the link for me, hope it helps him. What I can,t seem to grasp is this "globe" thing which would seem to be the easiest way if someone can tell me where it is.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

The globe is in the Reply to this topic box to the right of the I

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

OK, so this is an open thread. So I highlight the title. Next thing is click on the globe. There is no globe.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Motorola Moto G2 release date, price and specs: Best budget smartphone gets upgrades

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer