We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Blu Ray Disc Recorder Twin Tuner Freeview

tburchell

Likes # 0

Hello,

I am looking to purchase a new bluray disc recorder. I would like a twin tuner and Freeview built in. If anyone can recommend makes and models I would be really grateful. I have just sent back the new Panasonic DMR BWT735 as it wouldn't create top menus on either -DVD or -BD discs.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Tim.

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

Unless I am mistaken, you will need a HDMI freeview box that has a connection for an external Bluray recorder, as I do not believe you can get the unit you require in one box.

A standard DVD recorder with freeview will record standard DVD's however the Blue Ray format is not standard and so a HDMI output is required.

Terry

Like this post
tburchell

Likes # 0

Hi Terry, thanks for your reply. You can now get standalone Bluray recorders in the same way as DVD recorders.

Like this post
pcw12kcox

Likes # 0

That's interesting. My Panasonic DMR BWT735 certainly creates top menus - see instruction book page 75.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Motorola Moto G vs Nokia Lumia 530 comparison: What's the best budget smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Everything you need to know about Apple's iPhone Camera in iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't trust password managers

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer