We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Does Vista support XAMPP?

K*B

Likes # 0

Hello friends, does MS Vista Home Basic support XAMPP? I just want to be sure before installing XAMPP on my laptop which runs on Vista Home Basic. Thanks.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

XAMMP Information It appears so!

Like this post
K*B

Likes # 0

Thanks!

Like this post
K*B

Likes # 0

Hello Taff, I tried to install XAMPP on my laptop running vista but it refused to accept it. The error returned was that some ports required for the installation were already in use etc. I tried the installation on another pc running XP Pro and the error message was: "Ports 80 or 443 (SSL) already in use! Installing Apache 2.2 service failed". So again, XAMPP failed to install. What am I missing? I used the installation wizard as should be the case. Pls help. Thanks.

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

This Click here 1 lead to this Click here 2 The result this Click here 3

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

Thanks Lazarus The 2nd - spot on.

I forget that I turned User Account Control (UAC) off after a month of owning this Vista computer and I swear by it now! (As I used to with my XP Pro machine as well ... ho hum!)

If that doesn't work K*B post back, there's two of us watching your back now!

Like this post
K*B

Likes # 0

What about XP? Doesn't it have any port conflicts? And these error messages with Vista, don't they also apply to XP? Thanks.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

The Samsung Gear VR is better than the Oculus Rift (kinda)

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...