We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

internet not responding

Busta123

Likes # 0

hi every time i start my pc. i get webgaes not responding .but if i restart me pc it works fine.any1 any ideas why please. thanks

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Try leaving it a bit longer before accessing the net and also try a different browser (say Google Chrome if you normally use IE).

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Do you ever do any 'spring-cleaning' or computer maintenance like cache removal?.

Like this post
Busta123

Likes # 0

Thanks ive try other browser and its still the same,i have reboot too get it too work. Yes mate often clean pc. cheers.

Like this post
nuttypiglet

Likes # 0

what windows?

Like this post
Busta123

Likes # 0

im on windows 7 ultimate.

Im still having the problem ive found now that after about 4/5 mins it will come on after ive clicked on Fix Connection Problem,it doesn't exactly fix it but after a couple of mins clicking on that my internet connection works.Puzzling,very annoying too!

Like this post
Busta123

Likes # 0

still got the problem sometimes when I restart it works,then it doesn't .problems says..

Local area Connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration..whatever that means.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Webpages not responding or internet not responding which one is it.

If no valid IP configuration maybe try this but only do it when your computer is working properly.

If an Ethernet connection right click the network connection on the Taskbar And click on network and sharing center. Then click on Ethernet Connection . Click on details and it will give you your working connections.

Write down your IP4 Address. Your Subnet mask address, Your IP4 default gateway address, and your IP4 DNS addresses there should be 2.

Close your network connection details and click on properties. Click on Internet protocol Tcp/IPv4 and click on properties again.

Then dot the use the following ip address. Do the same with Use the following dns Server address. Add all the details that you have previously wrote down then press Ok.

Easy way to find out is once you write down your connections switch of the computer then restart it and see if the connections are the same as the ones that you wrote down. If not follow the instructions above. If they are the same ignore above contents.

Or maybe switch the modem off for 10 seconds and on again to see if that helps.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Maybe try disabling IPV6 and see what happens see here

Like this post
Busta123

Likes # 0

ive tried a new Ethernet cable and all seems well now,thanks for the help and advice. thankyou

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia