We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

microsoft office 2007 professional word keeps wanting to reconfigure on opening

Kingfisher

Likes # 0

Hi evereyone, can you help me please when I try to open word 2007 I get the message " setup is preparing files" then goes into configuration process, when configured Word is fine. but opening it again it has to go through same process. I have tried to repair with my Office Disk, but makes no difference. All other Office applications work fine. It has been suggested that I should uninstall Office and reinstall, but am worried about losing all my outlook settings contacts emails etc, also My Documents and a very large Microsoft Access database file. Can anyone offer me any suggestions. have looked on a few forums and it seems to be a common problem.O/S windows XP many thanks

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

You can back up your Outlook contacts very easily. Here are the instructions. Uninstalling Office 2007 will not mean you will lose your documents just the ability to open then untill you either reinstall Office 2007 or another office program.

But you will have a backup of all your documents anyway,won't you?

Like this post
Kingfisher

Likes # 0

Thanks Chronos the 2nd, have backed up Documents, so when brave enough will ininstall and reinstall office 2007 professional. thanks for your help

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...