We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to get off the GnuCash mailing lists?

TonyV
Resolved

Likes # 0

About 5 weeks ago I foolishly downloaded GnuCash to see how good or bad it was for Home Accounts on the iMAC. That was my first mistake! The programme would not operate and it was almost impossible to get my QIF file to work within the programme. It kept coming up with a date problem related to 1970! The oldest entry I had was May 2012.

I then tried the Help system. That was an adventure. I duly registered and checked the marker for the reply by e mail so that, I thought, I would get notification of any responses. This was a lemon. Buckets full of e mails came through but none were related to the query I raised.

After a couple of days, I gave up and unsubscribed from the Mail Lists and threw the programme in to the Trash Can.

I am still inundated with these e mails which are a complete waste of time. I have tried to contact them, and they tell me I am unsubscribed, yet still the e mails pour through.

It was suggested, via a moderator, that I was picking them up via a reflecting list like Nabbie. But I have no idea what that is about.

Has any one used the GnuCash Help System, and have they any way to help in getting rid of the e mails that are constantly coming through.

Cheers

TonyV

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I am not saying its the answer, but I have just put "gnucash unsubscribe" in a Google search, and it brought up a number possible answers.

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

spuds

Gnucash insist I have unsubscribed, but it appears not to stop e mails coming through from their system.

TonyV

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

You should be able to block the emails but this depends on how you access your emails.

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

Woolwell

I have set up a "rule" that puts anything with gnucash in the message in to a trash bucket! But, of course, the mail still gets through, though not readily available, which helps!

Cheers

TonyV

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

I thought I had managed to stop them, but alas, today they are back with a vengeance. I can only say beware anyone who is using GnuCash and ticks the box for mails if you ask them questions. You will get buckets full of junk mail that bears no relationship to the question you originally asked!

Be warned!!

TonyV

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more