We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

ADSL Filters

sunnystaines

Likes # 0

Before broadband started I was one of the volunteers to test it with "Worldonline" an engineer attended and fitted the filters etc in the wall behind the socket.

Now that i hope to move soon and have a adsl filter that came with my last internet provider do i just plug this into any normal phone socket or is there more to it.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

When you move get the phone supplier to fit a new master plate to your incoming phone line. The plug-in ones need to be fitted to everything that plugs in to any telephone socket and you could end up using lots of them.

See here don't forget you will have to have a cable from this socket to the router.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

wiz-king..thanks

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

If you want to move your computer about then use homeplugs which you can use with wireless or cable.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

If you change from phone-line broadband to fibre optics, ADSL Filters are not needed.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

ADSL filters are the thing that confuses the technical support advisor's at TalkTalk.

When I have requested their support, it usually starts straight off the screen with "how many sockets and filters do you have. Do all sockets have filters, because they must". trying to convince them that BT OpenReach fitted a master socket c/w filtering, that goes direct to my computer system, is nearly an impossible task!.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone Air release date rumours, specs, leaked photos: 5.5in iPhone 6 expected

IDG UK Sites

Alternatives to iPad Air: iPad Air vs best tablets from Samsung, Sony, Microsoft, Google & more

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Apple launches a new Swift blog, signaling language's importance