We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PROBLEMS AGAIN with adyield manager and add ons

laptopdunce

Likes # 0

I have inavertently clicked on a download for a free manual and then realised I was downloading one of those AWFUL adyield things, DJ mixi things, it was on Google chrome, I went back to my last question about this and tried the free Hitman pro scan which came up with all the adyield and trojan things on my google browser, it says you get a FREE removal of malware if it finds malware but it WONT clear them, you only get a page to BUY the programme to clear this sht! TOTAL CON!! I have actually un-installed google chrome from my windows xp laptop as I dont know what to do next, so what should I do now? I am using IE as the browser which doesnt seem to be infected with these HORRIBLE add-ons and crap that just appears everytime you click on something, I dont want to re-install google chrome in case it brings all this crp back again, what should I do?? thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

PS - I am also having trouble loading that link for the google chrome extension, I am now on my chromoe browser, when I click on the link yo9u gave for the extension for adblockplus, it opens up the page and I go through the download process but then it says I have to install a newer version of HTML5 and a higher version of adobe falsh player - incidentally once I am into pcadvisor on the google chrome browser I IMMEDIATELY got another annoying ad pop-up from: http://ams1.ib.adnxs.com/ - is this a url I can put into the adblockplus's blocking filter?? along with all the other ones that gnerate all this crap? thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

Ah, it has now installed the chrome extension and I have an ABP red stop sign icon on the toolbar, so do I click on this and will this open a list where I an add the url's of these horrible ad things? - why of why dont they make computers all pre-installed with all this stuff for "average" users to simply use computers for ebay/emails/seb surfing etc., without all this messing about with tools and installing different things? I HATE computers!! thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

Ah!!! I have just clicked on the ABP icon and it says to then scroll over something that you want to block, so I scrolled with the mouse over one of the banner ads, for a phone advert on the pcadvisor homepage and when you right click it gives a menu with an ABP icon on it further down and "block element" - is this that I do when one of those horrible ad pop ups appear? and it will automatically stop it from appearing next time I am on this page? (or any other page)? thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Yes that is what it will do. But have you subscribed to a List yet? if so which one?

If you want to look at/alter what's blocked you click on the little down triangle/arrow next to the red ABP icon and click on 'Filter Preferences' then you can see your 'Custom Filters' that you have added and also you can do the 'Filter Subscriptions' on it's tab. Then you click on 'Add Filter Subscription' and in the box that opens there is a dropdown menu with the names of the subscription lists and you can choose one from there. Simples :)

I am away tonight but will be back Monday night.

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

OK I will have to try that in a minute when I open the google browser......, thanks laptopdunce

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

I cant find a little triangle/arrow next to the red ABP icon on my toolbar, it is only when I click on the red ABP icon that it will open with a menu on a left click with "enable for this site" and a highlighted section for "easy create filter" then with a right click of the mouse, it brings up a long menu with options such as "adblock plus" "options" "remove from chrome" and "manage" - so not sure how that all works??? thanks Laptopdunce

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

PS when I log in now to IE and open up a site like hotmail I get a window that says "do you want to view this page securely in HTML...., etc.," how do I stop this from appearing? I know it was explained to me once in the past but I cant find the message where I was told what to do in tools / settting or somewhere, thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I am using Firefox, I didn't realise it is slightly different menu for Chrome ABP

long menu with options such as "adblock plus" "options" "remove from chrome" and "manage"

Click on "options" then on "Add filter subscription"

AdblockPlus for Chrome Forum has many answers

For your question about IE I suggest you start new thread then you will get proper response for that issue.

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

OK thanks, I have figured out how to stop the "View page securely in HTML..." thing, resetting something in internet options, security tab, not sure that I did but it stopped it, have posted a new question on forum now about why the google starts up with a windows about now showing preferences, etc., thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite