We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PRINTER - WIRELESS OPTION NOT WORKING

Pip58

Likes # 0

Hi All

I have a HP Photosmart C4380 printer which has been working perfectly wirelessly, until I updated my broadband router yesterday. It now only works when connected by usb cable. The original cd set-up disc cannot be used with my present os. I have tried many attempts to re-configure the printer but seem to be getting nowhere.

I am using a HP laptop with Windows 7

Any help would be appreciated please.

Thanks, Phill

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Perhaps of little help here, but have you tried HP support for any guidance?.

It would seem as though the new router (suggest you provide model details) wants configuring to the printer.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Go to the HP website for an updated driver.

Like this post
Pip58

Likes # 0

I have tried both suggestions but still getting nowhere. I can print via USB connection but not getting anywhere with a wireless connection. I think the problem is that the SSID needs to be amended to the same as updated wireless router but I just can't find any instructions on how to do this.

A complete waste of a day - I hate technology!

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Perhaps if you gave make, model details of the router, might help?.

Like this post
Pip58

Likes # 0

I'm not wasting any more time. I will just use the printer via USB connection.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Like this post
xox101

Likes # 0

Change the SSID of the new router to match the old one?

Or spend a few seconds doing a search and find all the instructions here?

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SupportTaskIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=115&prodSeriesId=3221640&prodTypeId=18972

Like this post
Pip58

Likes # 0

Hi All,

After a lot of time and frustration I have managed to solve the problem at last! I did a re-boot of my router and downloaded the installation of the printer from the HP website as suggested whilst disabling virus protector and firewall and printer now printing wirelessly quite happily - and so am I!

Thanks to all of you for your help and suggestions.

Best wishes, Phill

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 530 review: £60 smartphone offers decent build and performance, awful screen and...

IDG UK Sites

Apps watch: What the NFL can teach UK sports such as cricket and rugby

IDG UK Sites

VFX Emmy: Game of Thrones work garners gong for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: Video shows 'new, reversable iPhone 6 cha'......