We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Epson P50 printer driver

1st spring
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have downloaded the latest driver I ran it from the same page as I downloaded it but saved everything to the desk top. 1. Have I done it correctly and can you say I can put all of the icons away in my download folder? 2, Downloads folder. I clicked on the users Guide (html) do I have to click and downnload the others windows Auto Inst, and startup Guid PDf.. or should I not do any of this?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

I clicked on the users Guide (html) do I have to click and download the others windows Auto Inst, and startup Guid PDf.. or should I not do any of this?

You would only need to download this if you think you are ever going to need it otherwise it is unnecessary. Just put the rest in your download folder.

Like this post  
1st spring

Likes # 0

Thank you for your reply. I've installed my printer because it wasn't printing correctly or printing on the printable disks correctly, as if it had no ink but the printer wasn't short of ink. I have also un installed my Epson V350 Photo scanner because I had another old scanners software on the PC and I only wanted the one. This is where the problem lies. Maybe I should start a new thread. I have down loaded the latest driver 2010. but it is not showing me all the info on the buttons i.e Scan, preview. I have been looking and trying to fix It 22.00-06.00 and midday on going can you offer any help please. I do have a friend who is quit knowledgeable but it is not hands on, only over the web. so I am hoping someone knows better than my friend. It gave me the choice to select the best match for my hard drive under hardware wizard I had no idea so I choose the one that was highlighted. I have XP pro servie pack3

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Have you installed the correct driver by selecting the correct O.S.?

enter link description here

Like this post
1st spring

Likes # 0

Maybe this is where it is going wrong my friend said download the latest. Looking at all 3 drives they all say 64bit. It has recognised my PC as XP 64bit. How would I know which to choose from in these 3 drives?

I have gone by year. I also thought I had 32bit on my PC when it came to downloading a driver for my scanner. Now I do not remember how I found out that My PC was using 32 bit if that what one says. It wasn't through the link you gave me, I downloaded the drive for my scanner from a different place this site wouldn't recognise my scanner so I had to look else where. My friend is going to come and help me tomorrow. Hopefully it will get sorted. I will be back to let you know how I get on.

Like this post
1st spring

Likes # 0

I have just looked. I think I am XP 32bit. Looking at the link you gave me It looked as if I could click on any XP64 or 32, as if the choice was mine. This is do not understand just as when I had a choice to select the best match for my hard ware? How would I know which is the best?

Like this post
1st spring

Likes # 0

I think I will have to uninstall the drive for my printer in case I have 64bit drive. I haven't tried to see if the printer works too bussy trying to sort this scanner, but now I am wondering. Do they work together and I need to correct the drive for the printer?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

From that link - where it says Have we recognised your operating system correctly? first change that to Windows XP-32bit then click on Drivers & Software- you will now be presented with a choice of 2 x 32-bit drivers. Choose the top option 9th April 2013

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

To determine whether you have 32 or 64-bit see here -

If you have Windows XP, there are two methods to determine whether you are running a 32-bit version or a 64-bit version. If one method does not work, try the other method.

Click Start, and then click Run.
Type sysdm.cpl, and then click OK.
Click the General tab. The operating system is displayed as follows:
    For a 64-bit version operating system, Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Version < Year> appears under System.
    For a 32-bit version operating system, Windows XP Professional Version  appears under System.

My guess is you will have 32bit.

Like this post
1st spring

Likes # 0

My friend came round and sorted my printer and scanner for me now every thing is working great. He uninstalled twice before it worked but he did not uninstall every thing, where as I would have, but then I do not know what I am doing. He has cleaned it up for me, said he has taken out the junk I must have put in when down loading the soft ware. Thank you so much for your input.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs UK: Is this the actual Note 4 - video

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...