We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Need help sound not working

tommate123

Likes # 0

Recently reformatted my computer to windows vista x64 My sound has stopped working (x on audio at bottom corner) no sound is showing up in device manager either. soundcard is surpreme fx ii motherboard is asus ramage formula

any solutions? Tried looking up to see if someone has had this problem for the past few hours and tried it all and have been unsuccessful

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

After you had formatted harddrive and installed Vista x64 did you remember to install the Motherboard Drivers and the Driver for your Soundcard?

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

+1 for lotvic's advice, even with Windows 7 it is always best to install the drivers from the disk that came with the motherboard. Either that download them from the mobo manufacturers website.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

+1 +1 for lotvic's and Chronos's advice. A reformat/reinstall, followed by something not working, is 99% of the time caused by not having reinstalled the necessary driver(s).

Like this post
tommate123

Likes # 0

installed all the drivers again but it wont install "SoundMax ADI Audio Driver" keeps failing

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Just checking, confirm you are using the SoundMAX AD1988B Audio Driver V6.10.01.6280 for Windows Vista/64bit Vista from http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=1&s=22&m=Rampage+Formula&os=29&hashedid=MyJtSWUgzptSqKFN (make sure you change the OS in box to Vista 64bit)

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I wonder if it is a permissions thing? Are you installing as Administrator?

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

tommate123: you are blessed - At least you don't have to listen to the Dell Advert

Like this post
tommate123

Likes # 0

Yes i am,

i try and install and it says : The audio driver files do not support your computer hardware

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon, Argos, eBay,...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers