We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Prodigy Mod (finished)

Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

My apologies for the rubbish video I only have a Flip Mino just now. This should have been finished earlier but due to the weirdness of PC components the M-ITX mobo which has done nothing but sit quietly in a static bag refused point blank to allow anything to be seen on the monitor.

So after many fruitless hours of trying to get it to work it has now been consigned to the bin. So a new mobo was bought and all is up and working.

This was my first major mod and I have learnt much, particularly if shortening the cables on a PSU do it the more professional way by buying a crimping tool,new pins and connectors.

Anyway here is the video. Youtube.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Chronos the 2nd

Brilliant stuff - and you were wrongly "dissing" yourself the other day re grammar! Be proud!!

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

john bunyan

Thanks.

I wish I had a garden shed/workshop as I would love to get into this type of thing in a bigger way , you really need space in which to paint ETC.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Some very pretty PCs there. Strange soundtrack, though... :-)

I'm reminded, though, of way back in the day when IBM launched the System/36, I think it was. Anyway, they allegedly got a huge amount of feedback from customers that it didn't look like a computer because it didn't have a lot of flashing lights. So IBM went back and designed lots more lights into the case - and lo, the customers saw it, and said that it was good, and bought the System/36 in their thousands.

This is the same company, back in the early days of Winchester disks - when hard disks were measured in the megabytes range, and not many of those either - who quickly realised that no self-respecting financial director would pay $100,000 for a piece of kit the size of a couple of shoe-boxes. So they stuck the drive in a huge great cabinet which was, of course, 95% full of air. But financial directors looked upon it and saw that it was good, and could clearly see that a box that big was easily worth $100,000.

Say what you like about IBM, but they 'got' marketing...

Yes, I've been around the computer industry far too long. (Well, since 1975, anyway...)

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I'm impressed, that looks brilliant :) well worth doing.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

lotvic

Thanks.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Just watched the video. Well impressed by your work. If I'd post a photo of my PC's innards here you'd fall off your chair laughing Chronos. :(

Thanks for the update. A worthwhile project indeed.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more