We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Apple iPad Mini or Kindle Fire HD?

Sneeze1

Likes # 0

Hi I hope this is the right forum, if not please feel free to move it to the right one, thanks.

I a looking for a tablet so that I can send and receive e-mails, play games like Bejeweled and Candy crush and surf the net and watch BBC i-Player.

Have looked at Kindle HD Fire but have heard the applications on it are very restrictive. It doesn't support flash apparently, I liked the Kindle fire because of it's clear resolution and the speakers it has when playing movies. I have looked at the Nexus seven, but the sound output didn't match up to the one of the Kindle.

Should I get the Kindle HD Fire, or should I bite the bullet and save up for a Apple iPad Mini? I am a little confused about this as I want to get the best for my money.

I don't like downloading books as I still like my novel's, but this would do for when I couldn't get near my PC and I could use the tablet.

Also is 16gb enough for what I want to do, or should I go to a 32gb?

Many thanks and hope you can help me with this?

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Here is one comparison and they favour the iPad Mini. Lots more comparisons on Google,

Like this post
Sneeze1

Likes # 0

Thanks I have added it to my favourites :)

Like this post
bionicle

Likes # 0

Another good option might be a Samsung tablet. My son has http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0080OYLM6/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=computers which is a good tablet and has the advantage of easy memory upgrade by adding an SD memory card. You can also use an earlier version of flash to play BBC i player. He also uses an i-pod touch http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009A5EEDU/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=network-media which is another option which should do what you want although best used with headphones and while it is very portable the screen is quite small if you are typing lots of e-mails.. Kindle Fire HD is too restrictive to Amazon stuff.

Like this post
Sneeze1

Likes # 0

I think I might bite the bullet and save up for an I pad, do you think they are better? Where is the best place to get one from in the UK please?

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

If you can afford it, go for a 32Gb I Pad. I know that there are many other tablets available, but I don't think the quality of the I Pad cannot be beaten in the long run.

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

PS Go and have a look and play with one at a local Apple store if you have one, or perhaps John Lewis. Otherwise, get one on the internet direct from the Apple on line store ( post free plus free name engraving )

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback