We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

how to get emails to print with all information included

rubygxx

Likes # 0

Hello, last week my daughter asked me to print out an email confirmation for a hotel booking, i tried , even though in the print preview it showed all the info like how many were going , check in and out times etc, when it printed it only showed the confirmation number and her name , no other info, after five attempts, through Internet explorer and google chrome, just in case the browser was causing the problem, i do not know what, if anything , i was doing wrong, she took the printout anyway as she said the confirmation number was there so it should be ok, it was but i would still like to know for future how to get it to print all the information that is in the email, thank you.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Were you using the Print Button from within the e-mail or using your browser's print button?

Which webmail server is it? hotmail outlook.com, gmail yahoo? (and the part after the @???? in the email address)

Like this post
rubygxx

Likes # 0

Hello, i used the print button within the email and also tried with the browser, tired every way i could think of, i use hotmail and it is .co.uk, thanks

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Not sure what the problem is if you have checked all the printer settings etc, but a couple of workarounds to try:

With the email open in webmail Outlook.com | click on the three ... dots to the right of 'Categories' and choose 'Print' | the email opens in new popup window and the Print popup window opens as well | Close the Print popup window and then rightclick on the email in its popup window and choose 'Select All' | now choose either of following workarounds:

workaround a) Now (with it all selected still) click on the 'Print' that is at the top left in the email and in the print popup window in the Print Range choose 'Selection'. Click on OK and see if that does it.

workaround b) Now (with it all selected still) rightclick and choose 'Copy' | open your Office Word program and paste into it.

Like this post
Diemmess

Likes # 0

Have you tried (once the page you want is displayed) - Control + P

Like this post
rubygxx

Likes # 0

Sorry, i have not been on for a few days, going to give these suggestions a go, thanks for your help

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...