We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

router password has become invalid

THECASEONE

Likes # 0

Why does the web site for my router continually tell me my password/user name is invalid, even though it worked a week ago?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Are you able to locate the reset button on your router? On most routers, it is located near the power outlet. If you can do a reset of your router, usually by holding down the reset button for about 10 seconds or so until all lights flash, then you can try using the default settings. Go to the router control web page, and try entering "admin" for the user name and leave the password field totally blank. If that does not work, try "admin" and "password" for the password.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Which router make and model do you have?

Like this post
THECASEONE

Likes # 0

I have a Cisco DPC 3825, and it will not reset. Even shut down the power and disconnected the cable, to no avail.

Like this post
THECASEONE

Likes # 0

Thank northumbria, tried all that, but did not work!

Like this post
Zak

Likes # 0

[Cisco Model DPC3825 and EPC3825 8x4 DOCSIS 3.0 Wireless Residential Gateway User Guide]1

Have you tried leaving both the User Name and Password field blank and clicking Log In? (Page 26 - Logging in to the Gateway for the First Time)

If tat fails then restore to factory settings as per page 83 - Administration > Factory Defaults

Like this post
Zak

Likes # 0

[Cisco Model DPC3825 and EPC3825 8x4 DOCSIS 3.0 Wireless Residential Gateway User Guide]1

Like this post
Zak

Likes # 0

Sorry can't get link to work; please click on the red 1

Like this post
Zak

Likes # 0

In address bar 192.168.0.1.

Then try:

username :cusadmin

password : password

Maybe this will help: Login and password for Cisco DPC3825 DOCSIS

Like this post
Zak

Likes # 0

Cisco DPC3825 Gateway

Rogers Community Forums

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014