We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Apple Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Is App review process of Apple BIASED ?

David Mabe

Likes # 0

Hello, I have seen lot of apps using longer names having keywords in the title apps. Some among the list of examples are:

1) https://itunes.apple.com/app/id642665353 Appstore Name - Photo Reflection HD Free - Reflections FX Effect On Foto para Tumblr,Pinterest,FB,HotMail,GMail,MSN Name displayed on phone - ReflectionFree

2) https://itunes.apple.com/app/id568032967 Appstore Name - Color Splash Life Free - ReColor & Splurge Photo Effect FX For Omegle,PS,HotMail,Yahoo Messenger,FaceBOok Name displayed on phone - ColorEFree

But I am shocked after my app got rejected by Apple for using such a name. Is the review process of Apple BIASED? Please suggest.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Apple tightly control apps, much more so than Android, hence the lack of viruses, etc.

The name of the app is Photo Reflection HD Free. The rest is description on iTunes.

There may be many reasons why your app has been rejected. Suggest you contact Apple.

Like this post
David Mabe

Likes # 0

@WoolWell: Really? Then why didn't Apple reject the aforementioned apps containing irrelevant keywords? Do you have the answer? Well, i have questioned Apple this question and they suggested me to contact Apple App review board. I have already done that, but no response from Apple till now. Waiting for their justified answer.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Get bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this Black...

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Advanced tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert - 5 new tips added