We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

windows needs to restart

Stressed Mum

Likes # 0

Windows 7 - HP Laptop. recently attempted to install Nuance PDF Converter. Since then not been able to access anything on wnidows. keep getting messages that Windows needs to restart and is attempting to fix the problem. I have started in safe mode - same problem and also I have used safe mode with cmd prompt. Managed to get to programme to uninstal and it shows uninstalled on safe mode command prompt - but not uninstalled on normal windows and messages still keep blocking access to everything. Run scannow - nothing shows up. Oh golly - please can someone help me - I perhaps need to system restore (if there's a restore point) but cant get there... maybe a cmd prompt in safe mode would get me there? thanks for any advice. SM :(

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 1

Start system restore from CMD, link.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 1

Like this post
Stressed Mum

Likes # 0

Thank you - Im onto it now - will keep you posted. SM

Like this post
Stressed Mum

Likes # 0

*Fantastico All done - Nuance no longer a nuisance! Bloomin thing! All sorted - running sans now and defrag - so hopefully back to normal before son home from school! thanks for your help. SM :)

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Excellent. Could you click the tick to close the thread please.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...