We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Rename photos by Time Taken

tonyq

Likes # 0

I have tried a number of programmes to try and rename a list of photos using the time at which the shots were taken (Exif Info) to no avail. I always seem to have a few that are out of sequence. Anyone else have problem and a cure?

Like this post
Number six

Likes # 0

This program will do what you require

bulk rename

but be warned! It is rather clumsy and non-intuitive to use. Needs a little time spent experimenting with before it all becomes clear.

Like this post
tonyq

Likes # 0

Number six, thank you for the info. I have downloaded and will have a play, as you implied it does look a bit complicated.

Meanwhile I have come across the following which seems to have solved the problem, for the time being at any rate.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-pictures/how-to-organize-photos-by-date-and-time/d8bcaad6-3c73-4227-8770-928a97c1bd61

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

3 of the best portable chargers: a solar power charger, a hand-cranked charger, and how to charge...

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks