We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Logitech webcam C920 Pro

Nontek
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi all, this one has me totally foxed. Just bought above item, installed software, camera works (sort of). I can take a photo and camera shows correctly on screen with moving pic, however, the moment I try to do anything else the program freezes and after a couple of seconds Not Responding appears in the Window frame.

If I attempt to change Resolution - Not responding If I attempt to change from Photo to Video - Not Responding Even just closing the window via the red X top right - Not Responding, have to click on X continuously until window closes.

I have been in touch via email with Logitech and have followed their instructions 'to-the-letter', still no difference.

Made sure everything on laptop (still quite new), including Nvidia drivers updated, with Win7 totally complete with all recent updates successfully installed. I have removed some programs that might have been causing conflicting - all to no avail.

I would be grateful for any clues or suggestions as to what I might try next.

TIA .........

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Clutching at straws, but did you try uninstalling then a reinstall?

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Hi and Yes, several times - uninstalled using Revo, downloaded latest software from Logitech site, made no difference.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

The other thing I would do ('cos I've just remembered that I had to do this with my Logitech camera) is to uninstall then download the driver from their site. I think the software on the supplied CD must have been corrupt (two or three yrs ago, now).

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Posts crossed - I see you've tried that.. I'm stumped!

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Yes, that was one of the suggestions from Logitech, including doing a completely Clean Install with a temporary New User Account and restricted Win7 Start-up.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

I can use webcam as in Skype, but cannot make any changes at all within webcam software. Audio works fine.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

This has become a bit of a saga between me and Logitech, still not resolved. Logitech suggested that my new(ish) laptop was at fault, but there are so many others having the same problems with LWS and nothing else on my laptop causes any problems whatsoever, I have today asked Logitech again what are they doing about it, if anything! I will keep you informed if any progress is made.

In the unlikely event that anyone out there does have a solution, I would be much obliged!

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

UPDATE

Just to let you know that I have now resolved this problem - I have bought a new Microsoft LifeCam Studio webcam to replace the Logitech one. The microsoft webcam Software installed and works flawlessly, with not a hitch! The camera is excellent and the Software is even better than the Logitech Software.

One happy bunny!!

onthelimit1 Thanks for your input!

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...