We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Wifi repeater doesn't show on available networks

Phil555

Likes # 0

I have a wireless-N wifi-repeater access point which was working perfectly for a computer where the wireless signal was weak. It was listed on the available networks to connect to, but since changing my broadband provider (from BT to TalkTalk) is no longer listed. I've checked with TT and they assure me there is nothing on their system that would cause this to happen. The repeater appears to be working ok, the power light is on and the wifi light flashes exactly as it always has. Anyone have any ideas whay this isn't showing up for connection?

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Perhaps stating the obvious, but you have re-scanned for wireless networks?

Like this post
Phil555

Likes # 0

Yes, have rescanned a number of times, turned computers on and off a number of times too, but does not show up on any computer.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: Great if you like big, expensive phones

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015